Proposing to your partner is one of the most romantic acts there is and is a declaration of commitment and love. Most people have realized that buying an engagement ring is not as easy as it looks; there are various things to consider when looking for the right ring. To make the most out of the occasion, here are a couple of things to keep in mind when buying an engagement ring:
* Before any talk of diamond size or where to head to for that perfect ring, ask yourself how much you are “willing” and how much you “can” spend for the ring. There are no rules about how much should be spent on a ring but make sure that you will be comfortable with that expense. There are beautiful rings that will not break the bank, spending thousands of dollars does not have to be necessary. If you’re on a tight budget, consider other stones, there are so many elegant designs using other alternatives.
* The style of the person that you will be proposing to should be greatly considered when buying an engagement ring. The band of the ring will depend on what type of metals and jewelry they usually wear. Platinum, gold, or rose gold are among the choices and this will ultimately be based on how much you know the intended. Also another thing to consider is the style of your wedding rings, some choose an engagement ring that complements their wedding bands.
* Ring size is a crucial part in picking out a ring. No matter how beautiful the ring is and how amazing it would look on your beloved’s finger, if it does not fit, it would be of no use. It will also be quite embarrassing during the proposal if the ring will not fit, make sure you know the person’s ring size before buying the ring. One quick tip, you can bring a ring that she often wears to your jewelry shop and have them measure it there.
* The ring and the diamond will be under the most scrutiny as family members and friends will be fawning over the ring and asking about certain specifications. You want only the best for the person you will be proposing to so do not forget the important parts of choosing a rock: color, cut, clarity, and carat. Diamonds have different colors and it is up to the type of ring that you want to give which type would be chosen. Colorless diamonds are the most popular choice as they are classic and go well with any type of ring band. The cut of the diamond will quite possibly change the whole look and the quality of the ring. The beauty of the diamond is in the detail, diamonds that are cut in the right way will reflect the light beautifully and will look regal. Cuts to choose from are round brilliants, princess, heart, cushion, pear, and oval. Each cut highlights something different from the diamond so this is all depending on the preference and the type of diamond.
* Bigger is not always better and in this case, some engagement rings are beautiful enough without having too big of a rock. The carat will determine how big the rock will be, the higher the carat the bigger the rock will be. Consider the person you will be proposing to when choosing the rock size. A diamond too big might be too flashy, which is fine for some people but others might think otherwise.
Have fun and relax, once you have the perfect ring, the next thing you should think about is how will you propose to her. Do you want something intimate or do you want all your friends and family to be
there for you? After all these, remind yourself that the most important part, is that you will be spending the rest of your life with the person you love the most.